The contest gets underway promptly at 6:30 p.m.
Each week we throw you a bone — a free question in advance. Part tease, part lure to our website. Either way, we’re glad you’re reading this now.
Here’s your freebie question this week:
“Here’s the TV Guide write-up of a new show: “What happens when the people you have mourned and buried suddenly appear on your doorstep as if not a day’s gone by? The lives of the people of Arcadia are forever changed when their deceased loved ones… return!” What’s this new ABC series called?”
Answer that and you’ll have points in your pocket walking into Trivia Night.
Manager Dan and the rest of the Zaffiro’s crew love when you call-ahead and reserve a table. Why? So they know what to plan for and where to put all the teams to maximize space. And because when you reserve a table, you can walk in the joint at 6:25, order a drink and start playing without fear that you won’t get a good table. Call 320-230-0061.
RULING WITH AN IRON FIST…
Nah, our rules aren’t that bad. In fact, they’re pretty common sense. But if we don’t put them here — and Ninja Pete forgets to mention something… they’re still rules, dammit! Kapeesh?
1. No electronic devices allowed. No texting, phones, tablets, Psychic Friends Network, paper cups and string, nothing. And don’t be bringing in notes, either. If you’re caught cheating, your team will be disqualified and you’ll be publicly scorned and ridiculed.
2. DON’T SHOUT OUT THE ANSWERS! I mean, don’t shout out the answers. Let everyone else have fun playing, too, you killjoy, you!
3. Tonight’s contest involves five rounds of 10 questions each — one round of visual/image questions, ten audio/music questions and thirty spoken word questions.
4. Unless we say otherwise, if we ask for someone’s name, we want the last name. Give us the first name, too, if you like, but if you give us the wrong first name, your answer is wrong. If we ask for a character, either the first or last name is okay. But remember, if any part of the name is wrong, it’s all wrong. (I know, right?)
5. All questions are worth 500 points. Teams with the correct answer split those points. So five teams who correctly answer a given question will get 100 points each. Get it? (So don’t be talking loud enough for the Jolly Jokers to hear your answers!)
6. The Ninjas’ answer is the only correct answer. Dispute if you like and we’ll consider it. But our decisions are final.
7. Spelling doesn’t count unless we say it does. We’re not mean like those Jeopardy dudes.
8. Clues can be found each week at our website, TriviaNinjas.com as well as our Facebook page. A freebie question is posted each Wednesday on our website.
9. The top three teams with the most points at the end of the contest win prizes.
10. The winning team will randomly draw one of the other teams to answer one question in the Super Ninja Second Chance Challenge for a valuable prize — a $25 Zaffiro’s/Marcus gift card, courtesy of St. Cloud Overhead Door Company. (Thank you, Kay and Gary!)
11. Be generous to your wait-staff. They’re working hard to ensure you have a great night. And they may know the answer to that question your team doesn’t know. Grease the skids, if you catch my drift…
Okay, enough rules. We’ll see you at 6:30, Wednesday night, September 18, 2013.
Until then, see you at the movies!