We’re doing the happy dance around the trivia dojo today, waiting with great anticipation for the Wednesday Trivia Ninjas Trivia Night Challenge. It happens at 6:30 tonight at Zaffiro’s Pizzeria and Bar at the Marcus Parkwood 17 complex in Waite Park.
Each week we give you a question in advance to reward you for checking-in with our Facebook page and website. So without further ado…
Here’s your freebie questions for tonight’s contest:
Tony Romo came oh-so-close to setting an NFL record last weekend for most yards passed in a single game. But then he choked. Romo threw for 506 yards and was on pace to break the 554 yards single-game-record set by what legendary quarterback back in 1951?
Don’t say we never gave you anything. There was that bag of Dum Dums a few weeks back…
Repondez S’il Vous Plait
Pick up the phone and call your servers at Zaffiro’s Pizzeria and Bar right now. Tell them your team is playing tonight and how many to expect. It’s the Minnesota thing to do by way of Paris. 320.230.0061.
With everything, there are rules. Here are ours:
1. No electronic devices allowed. No texting, phones, tablets, Psychic Friends Network, paper cups and string, nothing. And don’t be bringing in notes, either. If you’re caught cheating, your team will be disqualified and you’ll be publicly scorned and ridiculed.
2. DON’T SHOUT OUT THE ANSWERS! I mean, don’t shout out the answers. Let everyone else have fun playing, too, you killjoy, you!
3. Tonight’s contest involves five rounds of 10 questions each — one round of visual/image questions, ten audio/music questions and thirty spoken word questions.
4. Unless we say otherwise, if we ask for someone’s name, we want the last name. Give us the first name, too, if you like, but if you give us the wrong first name, your answer is wrong. If we ask for a character, either the first or last name is okay. But remember, if any part of the name is wrong, it’s all wrong. (I know, right?)
5. All questions are worth 500 points. Teams with the correct answer split those points. So five teams who correctly answer a given question will get 100 points each. Get it? (So don’t be talking loud enough for the Jolly Jokers to hear your answers!)
6. The Ninjas’ answer is the only correct answer. Dispute if you like and we’ll consider it. But our decisions are final.
7. Spelling doesn’t count unless we say it does. We’re not mean like those Jeopardy dudes.
8. Clues can be found each week at our website, TriviaNinjas.com as well as our Facebook page. A freebie question is posted each Wednesday on our website.
9. The top three teams with the most points at the end of the contest win prizes.
10. The winning team will randomly draw one of the other teams to answer one question in the Super Ninja Second Chance Challenge for a valuable prize — a $25 Zaffiro’s/Marcus gift card, courtesy of St. Cloud Overhead Door Company. (Thank you, Kay and Gary!)
11. Be generous to your wait-staff. They’re working hard to ensure you have a great night. And they may know the answer to that question your team doesn’t know. Grease the skids, if you catch my drift…
Tonight’s contest — October 9, 2013 — starts promptly at 6:30 at Zaffiro’s at the Marcus Parkwood 17 complex.
Until then, see you at the movies.