The fun begins promptly at 6:30.
Each week we give you a question in advance — your reward for visiting our website each week. (Thank you, as always.)
Here’s your freebie question of the week:
Developed and published by Square Enix for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System in 1995, what role-playing game features the characters Marle, Lucca and Lavos?
There, don’t say we never give you anything.
CALL ME, CALL ME ANY, ANYTIME
If you and your team are planning to attend, please call and reserve a table. Simply call 320-230-0061 on Wednesday and let Manager Dan and his staff know how many to expect.
THE CIDER HOUSE RULES
Okay, this isn’t about Academy Award-winning orphanage films. More like hard apple cider drinks at the bar — hey, that reminds me, “MAXXXXXxxxx…HOW ABOUT ANOTHER ANGRY ORCHARD?” But I digress. No, our little play on words is quite simply our rules-o-play:
1. No electronic devices allowed. No texting, phones, tablets, Psychic Friends Network, paper cups and string, nothing. And don’t be bringing in notes, either. If you’re caught cheating, your team will be disqualified and you’ll be publicly scorned and ridiculed.
2. DON’T SHOUT OUT THE ANSWERS! I mean, don’t shout out the answers. Let everyone else have fun playing, too, you killjoy, you!
3. Tonight’s contest involves five rounds of 10 questions each — one round of visual/image questions, ten audio/music questions and thirty spoken word questions.
4. Unless we say otherwise, if we ask for someone’s name, we want the last name. Give us the first name, too, if you like, but if you give us the wrong first name, your answer is wrong. If we ask for a character, either the first or last name is okay. But remember, if any part of the name is wrong, it’s all wrong. (I know, right?)
5. All questions are worth 500 points. Teams with the correct answer split those points. So five teams who correctly answer a given question will get 100 points each. Get it? (So don’t be talking loud enough for the Jolly Jokers to hear your answers!)
6. The Ninjas’ answer is the only correct answer. Dispute if you like and we’ll consider it. But our decisions are final.
7. Spelling doesn’t count unless we say it does. We’re not mean like those Jeopardy dudes.
8. Clues can be found each week at our website, TriviaNinjas.com as well as our Facebook page. A freebie question is posted each Wednesday on our website.
9. The top three teams with the most points at the end of the contest win prizes.
10. The winning team will randomly draw one of the other teams to answer one question in the Super Ninja Second Chance Challenge for a valuable prize — a $25 Zaffiro’s/Marcus gift card, courtesy of St. Cloud Overhead Door Company. (Thank you, Kay and Gary!)
11. Be generous to your wait-staff. They’re working hard to ensure you have a great night. And they may know the answer to that question your team doesn’t know. Grease the skids, if you catch my drift…
Yada, yada, yada. We’ll see you at 6:30, Wednesday night, September 25, 2013.
Until then, see you at the movies!