The Trivia Ninjas will be off the deep end at Zaffiro’s Pizzeria and Bar tonight at 6:30 p.m. for our Wednesday Night Trivia Challenge.
Join us for the St. Cloud area’s best trivia at the Marcus Parkwood 17 complex in Waite Park. It’s free, there are great food and drink specials and we have prizes for the top teams. However, keep the wet towels and styrofoam noodles out in the parking lot!
Each week we offer-up one of our questions for players who visit our website each week.
Here’s tonight’s Freebie Question:
KISS — an acronym for “keep it simple stupid” — was a design principle embraced by the U.S. Navy in the 1960s. The acronym was reportedly coined by Kelly Johnson, lead engineer at the Lockheed Advanced Development Projects. What was the official nickname for his workplace?
Figure that out and you’ll have points in your pocket walking in the joint.
Give Zaffiro’s a call and reserve your table for tonight’s trivia. 320.230.0061. It’s the Minnesota Nice thing to do, doncha know?
With everything, there are rules. Here are ours:
1. No electronic devices allowed. No texting, phones, tablets, Psychic Friends Network, paper cups and string, nothing. And don’t be bringing in notes, either. If you’re caught cheating, your team will be disqualified and you’ll be publicly scorned and ridiculed.
2. DON’T SHOUT OUT THE ANSWERS! I mean, don’t shout out the answers. Let everyone else have fun playing, too, you killjoy, you!
3. Tonight’s contest involves five rounds of 10 questions each — one round of visual/image questions, ten audio/music questions and thirty spoken word questions.
4. Unless we say otherwise, if we ask for someone’s name, we want the last name. Give us the first name, too, if you like, but if you give us the wrong first name, your answer is wrong. If we ask for a character, either the first or last name is okay. But remember, if any part of the name is wrong, it’s all wrong. (I know, right?)
5. All questions are worth 500 points. Teams with the correct answer split those points. So five teams who correctly answer a given question will get 100 points each. Get it? (So don’t be talking loud enough for the Jolly Jokers to hear your answers!)
6. The Ninjas’ answer is the only correct answer. Dispute if you like and we’ll consider it. But our decisions are final.
7. Spelling doesn’t count unless we say it does. We’re not mean like those Jeopardy dudes.
8. Clues can be found each week at our website, TriviaNinjas.com as well as our Facebook page. A freebie question is posted each Wednesday on our website.
9. The top three teams with the most points at the end of the contest win prizes.
10. The winning team will randomly draw one of the other teams to answer one question in the Super Ninja Second Chance Challenge for a valuable prize — a $25 Zaffiro’s/Marcus gift card, courtesy of St. Cloud Overhead Door Company. (Thank you, Kay and Gary!)
11. Be generous to your wait-staff. They’re working hard to ensure you have a great night. And they may know the answer to that question your team doesn’t know. Grease the skids, if you catch my drift…
Tonight’s contest — October 23, 2013 — starts promptly at 6:30 at Zaffiro’s at the Marcus Parkwood 17 complex.
Until then, see you at the movies.