Ahhhhh…the weather’s cooled down a bit, the new royal heir is among us, and Shark Week is right around the corner. Oh, and the Trivia Ninjas Trivia Night Challenge is tonight — Wednesday, July 24, 2013!
Freebie Question of the Week
Every week we give you a freebie question in advance of the contest so you have points in your pockets walking in the joint.
Here’s this week’s freebie:
What is the colorful title of the 1887 novel by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle that first introduced the detective Sherlock Holmes?
Alright, now ponder this picture. What in the world is going on here?
Everybody Wants to Rule the World
Let’s see if last week’s winner — “Toonces” — can repeat. Or will a new team emerge to win the Ninja Crown this week?
New to Trivia Night, Ninja-style? No problem — here’s a rundown on the rules.
1. No electronic devices allowed. No texting, phones, tablets, Psychic Friends Network, paper cups and string, nothing. And don’t be bringing in notes, either. If you’re caught cheating, your team will be disqualified and you’ll be publicly scorned and ridiculed.
2. DON’T SHOUT OUT THE ANSWERS! I mean, don’t shout out the answers. Let everyone else have fun playing, too, you killjoy.
3. Tonight’s contest involves five rounds of 10 questions each — one round of visual/image questions, ten audio/music questions and thirty spoken word questions.
4. Unless we say otherwise, if we ask for someone’s name, we want the last name. Give us the first name if you like, but if you give us the wrong first name, your answer is wrong. If we ask for a character, either the first or last name is okay. But remember, if any part of the name is wrong, it’s all wrong.
5. All questions are worth 500 points. Teams with the correct answer split those points. So five teams who correctly answer a given question will get 100 points each. Get it?
6. The Ninjas’ answer is the only correct answer. Dispute if you like and we’ll consider it. But our decisions are final.
7. Clues can be found each week at our website, TriviaNinjas.com as well as our Facebook page. A freebie question is posted each Wednesday on our website.
8. The top three teams with the most points at the end of the contest win prizes.
9. The winning team will randomly draw one of the other teams to answer one question in the Super Ninja Second Chance Challenge for a valuable prize.
10. Be generous to your wait-staff. They’re working hard to ensure you have a great night.
We’ll see you at 6:30 tonight at Zaffiro’s. Until then, see you at the movies.