The fun starts at 6:30 p.m.
Here are tonight’s categories, a veritable tribute to the silver screen — or is it?
A River Runs Through It
The Illustrated Man
Children of the Corn
Trivia in the Making
Trivia Grab Bag
Each week, we give you a question online so you have points in your pocket walking into the joint.
Tonight’s Freebie Question:
“In Greek mythology, there are five rivers in Hades. Which river causes forgetfulness if you drink from it?”
So, what do you suppose this has to do with anything?
Rules, rules, rules.
There are always rules, aren’t there? Here are ours:
1. No electronic devices allowed. No texting, phones, tablets, Psychic Friends Network, paper cups and string, nothing. And don’t be bringing in notes, either. If you’re caught cheating, your team will be disqualified and you’ll be publicly scorned and ridiculed.
2. DON’T SHOUT OUT THE ANSWERS! I mean, don’t shout out the answers. Let everyone else have fun playing, too, you killjoy.
3. Tonight’s contest involves five rounds of 10 questions each — one round of visual/image questions, ten audio/music questions and thirty spoken word questions.
4. Unless we say otherwise, if we ask for someone’s name, we want the last name. Give us the first name if you like, but if you give us the wrong first name, your answer is wrong. If we ask for a character, either the first or last name is okay. But remember, if any part of the name is wrong, it’s all wrong.
5. All questions are worth 500 points. Teams with the correct answer split those points. So five teams who correctly answer a given question will get 100 points each. Get it?
6. The Ninjas’ answer is the only correct answer. Dispute if you like and we’ll consider it. But our decisions are final.
7. Clues can be found each week at our website, TriviaNinjas.com as well as our Facebook page. A freebie question is posted each Wednesday on our website.
8. The top three teams with the most points at the end of the contest win prizes.
9. The winning team will randomly draw one of the other teams to answer one question in the Super Ninja Second Chance Challenge for a valuable prize.
10. Be generous to your wait-staff. They’re working hard to ensure you have a great night.
We’ll see you at 6:30 tonight at Zaffiro’s. Until then, see you at the movies.