Don’t be scared — Trivia Night’s gonna be fun! We’re getting ready for a hot night of trivia — and some cool adult beverages — at Zaffiro’s Pizzeria and Bar at the Marcus Parkwood 17 complex in Waite Park.
The Trivia Ninjas Trivia Night Challenge starts at 6:30 tonight, Wednesday, July 10, 2013. The contest is loaded with lots of summery categories, pop culture and current events to keep you busy for a couple hours. If you’re not going to be cooling off at the beach, might as well be chillin’ with us!
Every week, we post a Freebie Question online so you have points in your pocket walking in the joint.
This week’s Freebie Question:
“The world has a new UFC middleweight champion. Former champ Anderson Silva of Brazil taunted his challenger to knock him out in Saturday night’s title bout in Las Vegas. Name the American who met that challenge, knocking him out in the second round?”
There you go.
If you’re new to Ninja Trivia — or even if you’ve been playing since the beginning — here are a few simple rules:
1. No electronic devices allowed. No texting, phones, tablets, Psychic Friends Network, paper cups and string, nothing. And don’t be bringing in notes, either. If you’re caught cheating, your team will be disqualified and you’ll be publicly scorned and ridiculed.
2. DON’T SHOUT OUT THE ANSWERS! I mean, don’t shout out the answers. Let everyone else have fun playing, too, you killjoy.
3. Tonight’s contest involves five rounds of 10 questions each — one round of visual/image questions, ten audio/music questions and thirty spoken word questions.
4. Unless we say otherwise, if we ask for someone’s name, we want the last name. Give us the first name if you like, but if you give us the wrong first name, your answer is wrong. If we ask for a character, either the first or last name is okay. But remember, if any part of the name is wrong, it’s all wrong.
5. All questions are worth 500 points. Teams with the correct answer split those points. So five teams who correctly answer a given question will get 100 points each. Get it?
6. The Ninjas’ answer is the only correct answer. Dispute if you like and we’ll consider it. But our decisions are final.
7. Clues can be found each week at our website, TriviaNinjas.com as well as our Facebook page. A freebie question is posted each Wednesday on our website.
8. The top three teams with the most points at the end of the contest win prizes.
9. The winning team will randomly draw one of the other teams to answer one question in the Super Ninja Second Chance Challenge for a valuable prize.
10. Be generous to your wait-staff. They’re working hard to ensure you have a great night.
Okay, that’s it for now. Until 6:30 tonight at Zaffiro’s Pizzeria and Bar, see you at the movies!