Oh, shiver me timbers, we can hardly wait for 6:30 on Wednesday night each week, and this week is no different. We’re swabbing the decks and putting the final polish on this week’s Trivia Ninjas Trivia Night Challenge at Zaffiro’s Pizzeria and Bar in the Marcus Parkwood 17 complex in Waite Park.
Each week we like to offer you a little somethin’-somethin’ so you have points in your pockets walkin’ in the joint. (Though this week’s question is not a stumper, it does allow us to use a great photo from the event.)
Here’s this week’s freebie question:
Nine majestic tall ships sailed into one of our nation’s ports this past weekend. Looking as if they were straight out of a “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie, what US port city hosted the “Grand Parade of Sail”?
Ponder that while you gander at this. What could this have to do with anything? Hmmmm…
If you’re going to have more than six players tonight, Manager Dan would love you to call and reserve a table. That way, he can maximize Zaffiro’s precious space. Call 230-0061.
Have you not been to Trivia Night at Zaffiro’s? Well, here’s how things work.
1. No electronic devices allowed. No texting, phones, tablets, Psychic Friends Network, paper cups and string, nothing. And don’t be bringing in notes, either. If you’re caught cheating, your team will be disqualified and you’ll be publicly scorned and ridiculed.
2. DON’T SHOUT OUT THE ANSWERS! I mean, don’t shout out the answers. Let everyone else have fun playing, too, you killjoy.
3. Tonight’s contest involves five rounds of 10 questions each — one round of visual/image questions, ten audio/music questions and thirty spoken word questions.
4. Unless we say otherwise, if we ask for someone’s name, we want the last name. Give us the first name if you like, but if you give us the wrong first name, your answer is wrong. If we ask for a character, either the first or last name is okay. But remember, if any part of the name is wrong, it’s all wrong.
5. All questions are worth 500 points. Teams with the correct answer split those points. So five teams who correctly answer a given question will get 100 points each. Get it?
6. The Ninjas’ answer is the only correct answer. Dispute if you like and we’ll consider it. But our decisions are final.
7. Spelling doesn’t count unless we say it does.
8. Clues can be found each week at our website, TriviaNinjas.com as well as our Facebook page. A freebie question is posted each Wednesday on our website.
9. The top three teams with the most points at the end of the contest win prizes.
10. The winning team will randomly draw one of the other teams to answer one question in the Super Ninja Second Chance Challenge for a valuable prize.
11. Be generous to your wait-staff. They’re working hard to ensure you have a great night.
Okay, enough rules. We’ll see you at 6:30 Wednesday night, July 31, 2013.
Until then, see you at the movies!