Welcome to the Trivia Ninjas Trivia Night Challenge, comrade!
The best part — it’s free.
And while you and your team are playing, enjoy $5 torpedo sandwiches and fries or $2 select craft beers and ciders. Great food and at a great price!
Every week we spiff you a question to shamelessly lure you to our website. This week is no different.
Here’s This Week’s Freebie Question:
What’s the last name of the last Russian royal family, deposed during the Bolshevik revolution and later executed in 1918?
Figure that out and you’ll have points walking into tonight’s contest.
If you have a group of six or more, please call ahead and make a reservation. That allows Zaffiro’s to make sure you have a designated table and enough space for your team. Just call 320-230-0061.
For Everything in Life, There are Rules. Here Are Ours.
1. No electronic devices allowed. No texting, phones, tablets, Psychic Friends Network, paper cups and string, nothing. And don’t be bringing in notes, either. If you’re caught cheating, your team will be disqualified and you’ll be publicly scorned and ridiculed.
2. DON’T SHOUT OUT THE ANSWERS! I mean, don’t shout out the answers. Let everyone else have fun playing, too, you killjoy.
3. Tonight’s contest involves five rounds of 10 questions each — one round of visual/image questions, ten audio/music questions and thirty spoken word questions.
4. Unless we say otherwise, if we ask for someone’s name, we want the last name. Give us the first name if you like, but if you give us the wrong first name, your answer is wrong. If we ask for a character, either the first or last name is okay. But remember, if any part of the name is wrong, it’s all wrong.
5. All questions are worth 500 points. Teams with the correct answer split those points. So five teams who correctly answer a given question will get 100 points each. Get it?
6. The Ninjas’ answer is the only correct answer. Dispute if you like and we’ll consider it. But our decisions are final.
7. Spelling doesn’t count unless we say it does. We’re not mean like those Jeopardy dudes.
8. Clues can be found each week at our website, TriviaNinjas.com as well as our Facebook page. A freebie question is posted each Wednesday on our website.
9. The top three teams with the most points at the end of the contest win prizes.
10. The winning team will randomly draw one of the other teams to answer one question in the Super Ninja Second Chance Challenge for a valuable prize.
11. Be generous to your wait-staff. They’re working hard to ensure you have a great night.
Okay, enough rules. We’ll see you at 6:30 Wednesday night, August 14, 2013.
Until then, see you at the movies!