YEE-HAW! The inaugural Monday edition of the Trivia Ninjas Trivia Night Challenge sure wasn’t pretty — but it was fun! And when the dust settled, “Paddy O’Furniture” came out on top with $50 in gift cards to Zaffiro’s Pizzeria and Bar and Marcus Parkwood 17 in Waite Park.
Because of the number and size of teams — both small for this opening night — there were several skunks, trivia hogs and lots of points. And Toonces even had a perfect Round Three.
Here’s how it ended:
1. 5,375 — Paddy O’Furniture
2. 4,291 — Toonces
3. 3,708 — I Must be Here Two Days Early
4. 2,625 — Adrift Rudderless Upon a Sea of Trivial Possibilities
Super Ninja Second Chance Challenge
Powered by St. Cloud Overhead Door Company
Each contest, we offer a non-winning team the opportunity to win a $25 Zaffiro’s/Marcus gift card by answering the “Super Ninja.” Gene, the sole member of Adrift Rudderless Upon a Sea of Trivial Possibilities, faced a daunting Super Ninja question this week:
It’s Fall TV season, a time when TV networks hope you’ll like the first few episodes of a series enough to keep it on the air. And a lot of times, they put big stars on these shows to give them a better chance.
Here are your questions:
1. Name the NBC TV show starring James Spader who plays a Hannibal Lecter/”Silence of the Lambs”-type of character.
2. Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar play father and daughter at an ad agency in what CBS series?
3. Jerry O’Connell, Tony Shalhoub and Kal Penn star in a new series about bachelors who live in the same apartment complex. What is this show called?
Gene needed to read TV Guide more, it would seem. He did not know the answers, which were:
1. The Blacklist
2. The Crazy Ones
3. We Are Men
Next up — Wednesday Night Trivia, Ninja-style at 6:30 p.m. at Zaffiro’s.
Until then, see you at the movies.