It’s a daily drop of what’s been kicking around the internet today, all in one handy place.
We’ll give you a brief description of the link and then offer it up. It’s stuff we think you should know about and it may or may not make it into our Trivia In The Making category during our top-level challenges.
- Marvel Comics is really shaking up their universe of super-heroes. Along with a revamped version of The Avengers, changes to Thor, Captain America and Iron Man are leaving fanboys’ heads spinning.
- SNL has fired three cast members. That doesn’t mean their careers are over. Take a look at this list of The Most Successful SNL Cast Members. A few will surely surprise you.
- Microsoft says they’re out of the Android business, then says they’ll lay off nearly 18,000, most former Nokia employees.
- Aliens or Gas Explosion? Those are the two leading theories about this GIANT hole that just opened up from the Earth’s crust in Siberia. Hey. Wait a minute. Wasn’t there an explosion in Siberia in 1908? Yep. Maybe the aliens left the gas on and had to come back.
- Legendary blues/rock guitarist Johnny Winter died last night. He was 70. Dan Ackroyd‘s alter-ego, Elwood Blues, hosts his own radio program called The Bluesmobile. They’ve tied together a series of Johnny’s performances and interviews from the show. It’s worth a listen.
AND THEN THIS HAPPENED…
— El Paso Chihuahuas (@epchihuahuas) July 16, 2014
This is the new jersey for the Padres’ Class AAA affiliate the El Paso Chihuahuas. OK. NOW we’ve seen everything.