Now that Black Friday is behind us and a fresh coat of snow is getting us in the holiday mood, it’s time to fire-up the sleigh and head to the Trivia Ninjas Trivia Night Challenge at Zaffiro’s Pizzeria and Bar. Wednesday Night Trivia starts at 6:30 tonight at the Marcus Parkwood 17 complex in Waite Park.
Our contest is free, there are great food and drink specials (see the right hand of this page) and we have prizes for the top teams.
AND NOW — Zaffiro’s is offering for our Wednesday Trivia Players select domestic taps for $3. That’s in addition to Buy One Sandwich Get One Free, plus Buy One Spiked Lemonade Get One Free.
Each week we offer-up one of our questions for players who visit our website each week.
Here’s tonight’s Freebie Question:
Oops! On this date in 1961, curators at New York’s Museum of Modern Art realize they have hung a paper-cut of a blue sailboat called “Le Bateau,” upside down. After 47 days and some 116-thousand people view it that way, the museum re-hangs the work from what French artist who was a leader in Fauvism?
Figure that out and you’ll have points in your pocket walking in the joint.
The St. Cloud area could receive 6 to 9 inches of snow today. At this point, everything’s a go for tonight’s contest. But, if we should have to cancel, we’ll announce it here and on Facebook. No message means we’re on! Please check online after 5 p.m. before heading to trivia.
Give Zaffiro’s a call and reserve your table for tonight’s trivia. 320.230.0061.
With everything, there are rules. Here are ours.
1. No electronic devices. Cheaters never prosper.
2. Don’t shout out the answers.
3. We’ll ask you 50 questions: 30 spoken word, 10 audio and 10 visual questions. We’ll ask you anything, so when you get your team together, keep that in mind.
4. Unless we say otherwise, if we ask for someone’s name, we want the last name. Give us the first name, too, if you like, but if you give us the wrong first name, your answer is wrong. If we ask for a character, either the first or last name is okay. But remember, if any part of the name is wrong, it’s all wrong. (I know, right?)
5. All questions are worth 500 points. Teams with the correct answer split those points. So five teams who correctly answer a given question will get 100 points each. Get it?
6. The Ninjas’ answer is the only correct answer. Dispute if you like and we’ll consider it. But our decisions are final.
7. Spelling doesn’t count unless we say it does.
8. Clues can be found each week at our website, TriviaNinjas.com as well as our Facebook page. A freebie question is posted each Wednesday on our website.
9. The top three teams with the most points at the end of the contest win prizes.
10. The winning team will randomly draw one of the other teams to answer one question in the Super Ninja Second Chance Challenge for a valuable prize — a $25 Zaffiro’s/Marcus gift card, courtesy of St. Cloud Overhead Door Company. (Thank you, Kay and Gary!)
11. Be generous to your wait-staff. They’re working hard to ensure you have a great night. And they may know the answer to that question your team doesn’t know. Grease the skids, if you catch my drift…
Tonight’s contest — December 4, 2013 — starts promptly at 6:30 at Zaffiro’s at the Marcus Parkwood 17 complex.
Until then, see you at the movies.