Ninja Pete is on vacation to God knows where in the galaxy, so Ninja Chad is hosting trivia tonight. And he has an out-of-this-world contest planned tonight at Zaffiro’s Pizzeria and Bar at the Marcus Parkwood 17 in Waite Park.
The fun starts at 6:30 tonight at Zaffiro’s. There are great food and drink specials, it’s free to play, and the top teams win prizes. First place gets $50 in Zaffiro’s/Marcus Theatres gift cards. We also have prizes for 2nd and 3rd.
Each week, we favor you by posting one of the questions we’ll ask tonight here and on our Facebook page.
Here’s the Freebie Question for tonight’s contest:
Affectionately known as the “Auld Mug,” it is the oldest international sporting trophy and is awarded to the winner of the match races between the “defender” and the “challenger” each year. Name the trophy.
There. Don’t ever say we didn’t give anything to you.
Make sure you call Zaffiro’s today and reserve a table. Shari and her staff want to make sure you and your group get a table that will meet your needs. 320.230.0061.
With everything, there are rules. Here are ours.
1. No electronic devices, no notes, no outside resources. Use your brain. Cheaters never prosper. And they’ll be disqualified.
2. Don’t shout out the answers.
3. We’ll ask you 50 questions: 30 spoken word, 10 audio and 10 visual questions. We’ll ask you anything, so when you get your team together, keep that in mind.
4. Unless we say otherwise, if we ask for someone’s name, we want the last name. Give us the first name, too, if you like, but if you give us the wrong first name, your answer is wrong. If we ask for a character, either the first or last name is okay. But remember, if any part of the name is wrong, it’s all wrong. (I know, right?)
5. All questions are worth 500 points. Teams with the correct answer split those points. So five teams who correctly answer a given question will get 100 points each. Get it?
6. The Ninjas’ answer is the only correct answer. Dispute if you like and we’ll consider it. But our decisions are final.
7. Spellling doesn’t count unless we say it does.
8. Clues can be found each week at our website, TriviaNinjas.com as well as our Facebook page. A freebie question is posted each Wednesday on our website.
9. The top three teams with the most points at the end of the contest win prizes.
10. The winning team will randomly draw one of the other teams to answer one question in the Super Ninja Second Chance Challenge for a valuable prize — a $25 Zaffiro’s/Marcus gift card, courtesy of St. Cloud Overhead Door Company. (Thank you, Kay and Gary!)
11. Be generous to your wait-staff. They’re working hard to ensure you have a great night. And they may know the answer to that question your team doesn’t know.
Tonight’s contest — June 30, 2014 — starts promptly at 6:30 at Zaffiro’s at the Marcus Parkwood 17 complex.
Until then, see you at the movies.